Wednesday 27 June 2018

OMAD Intermittent fasting DAY 334! Dry fasting!

Hi friends: It's day 334 of omad! Today I completed my first dry fast. I incorporated it with my intermittent fasting. I fasted for 20 hours and had an eating window of 4 hours. I didn't drink any water, coffee or tea during my 20 hours fast. I waited until my 4-hour window to have my liquids. What is dry fasting? It is a type of fast that doesn't allow you to drink any water during your fasting period. The lack of water can accelerate some of the benefits that you get on a water fast such as metabolic health and reduced inflammation. This type of fast is for people that have experience with the normal fasts. If you don't this could be a very miserable experience for you. Do not attempt unless you are a pro at fasting and please check with your doctor first. 

I am very close to my one year anniversary of omad/intermittent fasting. I fast 20 hours per day which is not uncomfortable for me at all. So I felt confident attempting this dry fast. I didn't give myself a time period because I understood that the dry fast should be attempted by people that are on a ketogenic diet. Why? Because if you are on the keto diet the body will be able to sustain itself during the fast without hunger pangs, cravings, and even thirst.  I am not on a keto diet at the moment. I eat whatever I want during my four hour feast period. So I worried about what would happen. I am only going to try this on a day to day basis. So I felt ok about trying it. I vowed to listen to my body. 

During my fast, of course, as soon as I closed my window. I went into panic mode and I got a headache. My headache was mild and I didn't take any Tylenol because I knew what this headache was all about. Before I started the dry fast. I made sure that my meal consisted of good fats. I had one liter of water plus a coffee during my feast. I had a humongous ribeye steak, chicken wings and a bowl of papaya. My ribeye was at least one pound. 

I opened my omad with the exact meal I had yesterday. I didn't feel hunger during my dry fast and I had zero thirsts, but I did have my usual cravings for sugar. The papaya helped me with those cravings. It was extremely hot today. So instead of my usual one hour walk. I walked only for 30 minutes and I had my daughter with me for the company. She hates to walk. lol.  I'm going to continue this dry fast until my one-year omad anniversary. However, I will take it day by day. If I happen to be outside on a really hot day and my body needs water I'm going to drink water. I will keep track of those days. It's too soon to really say if I think it's safe for me to do this type of fast or if I have experienced any benefits yet. I'm asking that each of you do your own research before attempting. I didn't weight myself because this dry fast is not about weight loss. However, I will keep track of the numbers for the sake of weight maintenance. I do weigh-ins on Saturday mornings. 
OMAD/INTERMITTENT FASTING - 6 MONTH UPDATE!


Black Seed oil for Weight Loss One Month Update + Omad


Flashback to day one, if you are considering one meal a day or omad. This is me at the start of my journey.

Please note: I took one teaspoon of black seed oil and in the morning and before going to bed. I also drank two glasses of apple cider vinegar water. I added two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to ten ounces of water. 
If you're new, Subscribe to my Youtube Channel! https://goo.gl/Yd2x8M
Feel free to join my newly created Google plus group. Let's share our videos, tips and weight loss journey. You don't make videos? That's ok. Everyone is welcome. My Google Plus Group
Follow me on Twitter at @IamLola2017
Follow me on Instagram @lolalifelessons 

If you would like to support me, you can do by following my Patreon link. https://www.patreon.com/lolaslifelessons

Thank you for your love and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment

OMAD Intermittent fasting DAY 365! COMPLETED! WHAT'S NEXT???

Hi friends: It's 365 days of omad! I did it! I ate one meal a day for one year!!! During this year I did do some extended fasting...