Saturday 2 December 2017

OMAD Intermittent fasting DAY 132! McDonalds Salad and Fries!


Hi everyone: It's day 132 of omad and happy weekend! This was more of a two omad day. This weekend I did some Christmas shopping. As I mentioned in some of my previous blogs, my family and I love to go to the mall on the weekends. That mall food court is my weakness for unhealthy food. I did indulge this weekend but I tried to keep it keto. Edo was looking good. I had the beef with vegetables and it was delicious. McDonald's is having a great promotion until December 10, 2017... any size coffee for 1.00 So of course I had the extra large. I added my usual 3 creams and molasses. 

For my last meal of the day, I had the McDonalds caesar salad. Now usually, my willpower is on point but not today. I ordered a medium fries. Now I will admit that after eating the fries I was flooded with guilt. What the hell right? Why did I feel guilty? I have reached my goal weight. I'm happy. I'm healthy. I'm feeling great. However, something inside me was upset about the fries. Why do we eat things that are not healthy for us and why do we think they are unhealthy? For months, I have managed to eat what I wanted guilt free at my one meal daily. As soon as I added keto another level was added. You can eat this but not that according to keto. I am realizing that this journey/fasting has taken me to another level. 

For the longest time, my mind and body existed independently. I realized today that, "In order to change the body, you must change your mind." I realized today that it's ok to eat fries or yummy foods I crave once in a while. Moderation is key and it's important to listen to my body and to stop once I am full. I can do that now. I couldn't before. How interesting...I have been doing this for months without thinking about it. The McDonalds was a reminder of the old me...the binge eater. I deeply questioned how I had lost 30 plus pounds. It was NOT because I dieted. Been there done that and the weight had come right back quickly, years ago! It was because I made a decision. Once my "mind" made the decision my body changed. 

Here is something that I will only share with you. I have vision boards. I added a picture of myself to my board. Me in a bikini in Cuba over 25 years ago. I was in the best shape of my life. I added the number size 8 above the picture. Today when I looked at the vision board. I realized that I had surpassed that goal size. I am now a size 5. Can you believe that? It was almost as if I had made a contract with my higher self. Why am I even mentioning this...For those of you out there that want to lose weight? It's important to make the decision. I mean really decide. The mind and the body need to work together. On some level, I believe you have to visualize yourself in the body that you feel you deserve to be in. Then things will fall into place. I smile when I rewatch this video of myself at the beginning of my journey. It started using black seed oil and apple cider vinegar. My one regret I wish I had taken more before pics. Check out my video here: 

Black seed oil for WEIGHT LOSS!


So here is a little glimpse of what I ate today. 
Lunch: Edo beef and veggies
Dinner: McDonalds cesear salad, coffee with cream/molasses, and french fries



I wanted to share with you all my thoughts about my first 30 days of trying the keto diet. I'm starting to realize that everybody's journey on keto is very different. If you have been doing keto for a while or if you are new to keto I'd love to hear from you. Check out my video here: 


Check out my before and after videos below.  How I lost 30 pounds in 90 days!

Flashback to day one, if you are considering one meal a day or omad. This is me at the start of my journey. 
Please note: I took one teaspoon of black seed oil and in the morning and before going to bed. I also drank two glasses of apple cider vinegar water. I added two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to ten ounces of water. 
If you're new, Subscribe to my Youtube Channel! https://goo.gl/Yd2x8M
Feel free to join my newly created Google plus group. Let's share our videos, tips and weight loss journey. You don't make videos? That's ok. Everyone is welcome. My Google Plus Group
Follow me on Twitter at @IamLola2017
Follow me on Instagram @lolalifelessons 

Please add me to google plus!
                                                                  Lola's Life Lessons
Thank you for your love and support.
Lola 







No comments:

Post a Comment

OMAD Intermittent fasting DAY 365! COMPLETED! WHAT'S NEXT???

Hi friends: It's 365 days of omad! I did it! I ate one meal a day for one year!!! During this year I did do some extended fasting...