Monday 4 December 2017

Keto: Low Carb: Grocery Store Haul!


On Saturday, November 2017, my family and I visited the Low Carb Grocery store in Markham, Ontario Canada! After losing 30 pounds, I wanted to continue using the aids that helped me to lose my weight which was omad, black seed oil and apple cider vinegar. I wanted to add keto to maintain my weight. 

I did a keto diet challenge for a month just to see if I could actually handle this new low carb lifestyle. Not sure what keto is? The ketogenic diet is a high-fat, adequate-protein, low-carbohydrate diet that in medicine is used primarily to treat difficult-to-control epilepsy in children. The diet forces the body to burn fats rather than carbohydrates. 

One of the frustrating things about keto is the lack of snacks in our typical grocery store that are keto friendly. Yes, there are many keto and low carb snack recipes online but what about the busy moms that are looking for convenience? I'm happy to see that companies are now helping with this. I did some research and found the Low Carb Grocery. I could have ordered online but customer service is really important to me. So I went to the store to check things out. Are you interested in seeing the goodies I bought? Check out my video below. Some items I loved and some not so much. 
Keto Low Carb: Grocery Store Haul!
https://youtu.be/oI6hI2ja4WA
The Low Carb Grocery Store is a specialty store that offers a vast selection of low-carbohydrate, low-calorie & sugar-free products. You can also check out their website here for online ordering. If you are interested in visiting the store. The Low Carb Grocery Store
 170 Esna Park Dr #8, Markham, ON L3R 1E3

Items bought:
Joesph's Flax Oat Lavish Bread 3.49
Dream Bagels 8.99
KZ Clean Eating Chia Crisp Bread 14.00
Moon Cheddar Crackers 4.94
JTC Jalapeno Chips 3.99
Nush Spice Carrot cake 1.50
Carb Killa Peanut Butter Protein Bar 3.62
Hunts Pasta Sauce 3.49
Organic Spicy Pumpkin Seeds 3.99
Groksi Crispy Cheese Bites 5.49
ParmCrips 7.99
Rev Glo Bar Peanut butter bar 2.88

I wanted to share with you all my thoughts about my first 30 days of trying the keto diet. I'm starting to realize that everybody's journey on keto is very different. If you have been doing keto for a while or if you are new to keto I'd love to hear from you. Check out my video here: 


Check out my before and after videos below.  How I lost 30 pounds in 90 days!


Flashback to day one, if you are considering one meal a day or omad. This is me at the start of my journey. 

Please note: I took one teaspoon of black seed oil and in the morning and before going to bed. I also drank two glasses of apple cider vinegar water. I added two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to ten ounces of water. 
If you're new, Subscribe to my Youtube Channel! https://goo.gl/Yd2x8M
Feel free to join my newly created Google plus group. Let's share our videos, tips and weight loss journey. You don't make videos? That's ok. Everyone is welcome. My Google Plus Group
Follow me on Twitter at @IamLola2017
Follow me on Instagram @lolalifelessons 

Please add me to google plus!
   Lola's Life Lessons

If you would like to support me, you can do by following my patreon link. https://www.patreon.com/lolaslifelessons
Thank you for your love and support.
Lola 


No comments:

Post a Comment

OMAD Intermittent fasting DAY 365! COMPLETED! WHAT'S NEXT???

Hi friends: It's 365 days of omad! I did it! I ate one meal a day for one year!!! During this year I did do some extended fasting...