Thursday 25 January 2018

OMAD Intermittent fasting DAY 182! Why people crave chocolate????

Hi everyone: It's day 182 of omad! I noticed that Dr. Berg posted this quote on Instagram. "People who crave chocolate are really craving the adrenal hormone serotonin. Lately, I have noticed that I have been craving chocolate and also greens. Mostly I have been craving coco polo hazelnut sugar free chocolate. 

I googled for the answer. This is what I found out. According to Dr. Berg, "If you listen to the body closely, it will tell you what it needs. You just have to know how to interpret the signs the right way! Sometimes, a craving for salty things, for example, does not indicate that you are low on salt. Likewise, cravings for sweets. Cravings can be a great indicator that something is missing in the body. In fact, we can use these cravings to pinpoint problems we are having within the system, such as nutritional deficiencies of some kind, that could be wreaking havoc on our overall health and weight loss efforts. If you’re craving sugar, then you’re not burning fat, you’re burning sugar! We don’t want that, right? We want to be in fat burning mode as much as possible. This is a strong indicator that we need to fix something in the system.
Usually, if you’re craving sweets, you’re deficient in potassium. Now, potassium is one of those nutrients it is very hard to get enough of in our diet. That’s because we need a whopping 4,700 mgs. of potassium a day.
Most people think, well, I’ll eat a banana. But you’ll have to eat quite a lot of bananas to meet your RDA for potassium because a banana only has around 470 mgs. of potassium. So you’d have to eat 10 of them. And that would completely wreck your health and your diet.
Instead look to low-calorie, potassium-rich dark greens and leafy vegetables. Beet greens, spinach, kale, garden cress, and Swiss chard have rich amounts of potassium in them, as do yams and bamboo shoots.  
You need 7 to 10 cups of these types of vegetables a day to supply all of your potassium." Dr. Berg
So this is what I ate today! Salmon seasoned with garlic, butter, oregano, thyme, salt, and lemon. Baked at 375 degrees for 15 mins. I also had a huge helping of steamed string beans. This was one of my favourite meals. What is your favourite meal? 

Do you guys have food cravings? What are they? Also, what is your favourite meal? If you would like to read Dr. Berg's entire blog on this subject. All Cravings Solutions by Dr. Berg Then come on back to my blog.
Flashback video! I wanted to share with you all my thoughts about my first 30 days of trying the keto diet. I'm starting to realize that everybody's journey on keto is very different. If you have been doing keto for a while or if you are new to keto I'd love to hear from you. Check out my video here: 


Check out my before and after videos below.  How I lost 30 pounds in 90 days!

Flashback to day one, if you are considering one meal a day or omad. This is me at the start of my journey.
Please note: I took one teaspoon of black seed oil and in the morning and before going to bed. I also drank two glasses of apple cider vinegar water. I added two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to ten ounces of water. 
If you're new, Subscribe to my Youtube Channel! https://goo.gl/Yd2x8M
Feel free to join my newly created Google plus group. Let's share our videos, tips and weight loss journey. You don't make videos? That's ok. Everyone is welcome. My Google Plus Group
Follow me on Twitter at @IamLola2017
Follow me on Instagram @lolalifelessons 

If you would like to support me, you can do by following my patreon link. https://www.patreon.com/lolaslifelessons

Have you been affected by the de-monetization of youtube videos? Patreon may be an option for small youtube channels. I have just signed up. You can sign up too if you like. https://patreon.com/invite/rnrkdb

Thank you for your love and support.
Lola

No comments:

Post a Comment

OMAD Intermittent fasting DAY 365! COMPLETED! WHAT'S NEXT???

Hi friends: It's 365 days of omad! I did it! I ate one meal a day for one year!!! During this year I did do some extended fasting...