Wednesday 11 April 2018

OMAD Intermittent fasting DAY 257!


Hi everyone: It's day 257 of omad! I broke my fast with steak and chicken cracklings tonight. One of my youtube subscribers left a comment about intermittent fasting on one of my videos. She said that she was under the impression that fasting made people weak and tired. I thought I would address her comment in this blog post because I believe that many people believe this also. I fasted for 20 hours and have an eating window of 4 hours. Actually, fasting does the opposite for me. I actually have more energy and fasting makes me feel stronger. In the past, when I ate 3 meals a day plus snacks, I was tired throughout the day. I needed many cups of coffee to keep me alert and awake. 
Starting intermittent fasting - This is mostly a mental thing. You may feel irritable because you are missing food but trust me the feeling passes. Just as eating three meal a day plus snacks is a habit for some. Eating one meal can also become a habit. I believe once the body accepts this new practice. The body and mind adapt. At first, this was not easy. Why? Because temptation is everywhere. Food is everywhere and food is intertwined with every social gathering. To get over that hump, I did have to avoid those gatherings. Also, I would have to do those meetups around the time of my omad. Yes, intermittent fasting is more about willpower than anything really. It took about 3 months for my body and mind to adapt. I still do struggle with social interactions that involve food. It's impossible to not order anything or to just drink water or black coffee when out with friends. So again, timing is everything. Schedule your social interactions around your omad if it is at all possible. When you are struggling think of a benefit. For example, "New research has indicated that fasting can significantly reduce the effects of aging on the brain. It has been known that bouts of intermittent fasting have a powerful anti-inflammatory effect on the entire body. Leading scientists now believe that intermittent fasting improves brain health and is one of the key strategies for maximizing brain function." https://drjockers.com/fasting-improves-brain-function/
Do your own research and be patient with yourself. 

A post shared by 🇨🇦Food Blogger 🇨🇦 (@lolaslifelessons) on
OMAD/INTERMITTENT FASTING - 6 MONTH UPDATE!


Black Seed oil for Weight Loss One Month Update + Omad


Flashback to day one, if you are considering one meal a day or omad. This is me at the start of my journey.

Please note: I took one teaspoon of black seed oil and in the morning and before going to bed. I also drank two glasses of apple cider vinegar water. I added two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to ten ounces of water. 
If you're new, Subscribe to my Youtube Channel! https://goo.gl/Yd2x8M
Feel free to join my newly created Google plus group. Let's share our videos, tips and weight loss journey. You don't make videos? That's ok. Everyone is welcome. My Google Plus Group
Follow me on Twitter at @IamLola2017
Follow me on Instagram @lolalifelessons 

If you would like to support me, you can do by following my Patreon link. https://www.patreon.com/lolaslifelessons

Thank you for your love and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment

OMAD Intermittent fasting DAY 365! COMPLETED! WHAT'S NEXT???

Hi friends: It's 365 days of omad! I did it! I ate one meal a day for one year!!! During this year I did do some extended fasting...