Tuesday 15 August 2017

OMAD Intermittent fasting DAY 28! 48 HOUR FAST COMPLETED!


Hi everyone: It's Day 28 of my omad experiment! Yesterday was a breeze for the completion of 24 hours without eating. When I woke up this morning, my brain started to play tricks on me. I felt instant anxiety that I would pass out. My brain told me that if I didn't eat my body would shut down. Oh my god! The longest that I have gone without eating was 23 hours. During hour 38 I was in full panic mode. I did some deep breathing and promised myself that everything was fine. People all around the world have fasted for up to a month and they were fine. I was only doing 48 hours. In any event, I was working from home so at least if I passed out. It would be in my own home. The last 6 hours of the fast were the hardest. I looked at the clock. I planned my dinner. I kept busy and drink lots of water.  I even took a leap of faith and went for a walk during my remaining hours. I had to prove it to myself that nothing bad would happen. I pushed forward and I was so proud of myself that I did this. I felt so good. 

I realized that I had some really crazy programming still within me about fasting and I am not alone in this thinking. According to dietdoctor.com "There are many myths associated with fasting. These myths have been repeated so often that they are often perceived as infallible truths. Some of these myths include:

  • Fasting puts you in ‘starvation’ mode
  • Fasting will overwhelm you with hunger
  • Fasting causes overeating when you resume feeding
  • Fasting will make you lose lots of muscle
  • Fasting causes hypoglycemia
  • The brain needs glucose to function
  • It’s just ‘crazy’
Even though they have been long ago disproven, these fasting myths still persist. If they were true, none of us would be alive today."
I succeeded! I am amazing. I can't believe I did this! I didn't pass out. I didn't feel bad. In case you are wondering. I lost 2.2 pounds because of that 2-day water fast. If I can do this, I can do anything. This was a great accomplishment for. I am so shocked at what my body is capable of. I really want to try o do the 72 hour fast but I will wait until my body is ready. 

This is how I broke my fast! I don't know what I was thinking. What a huge meal. I was only able to eat some of the salad, avocado, and watermelon. Note to self...small meals after longer fasts. 


Dinner: chicken thighs, black beans, salad, and avocado


Dessert: watermelon, black coffee

A post shared by LolasLifeLessons (@lolaslifelessons) on
Flashback to day one, if you are considering one meal a day or one meal a day. These videos are a must watch.


Black Seed oil for WEIGHT LOSS UPDATE + Omad Intermittent fasting Day 11


Please note: I took one teaspoon of black seed oil and in the morning and before going to bed. I also drank two glasses of apple cider vinegar water. I added two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to ten ounces of water. 

If you're new, Subscribe to my Youtube Channel! https://goo.gl/Yd2x8M

Feel free to join my newly created Google plus group. Let's share our videos, tips and weight loss journey. You don't make videos? That's ok. Everyone is welcome. My Google Plus Group

Follow me on Twitter at @IamLola2017
Follow me on Instagram @lolalifelessons 

Please add me to google plus!
                                                                  Lola's Life Lessons

No comments:

Post a Comment

OMAD Intermittent fasting DAY 365! COMPLETED! WHAT'S NEXT???

Hi friends: It's 365 days of omad! I did it! I ate one meal a day for one year!!! During this year I did do some extended fasting...