Sunday 14 January 2018

OMAD Intermittent fasting DAY 171! Keto and the Carnivore diet!

Hi everyone: It's day 171 of omad! I opened my 22 fast with a beautiful keto meal of wings, grilled garlic asparagus for dinner. For dessert, I had the sugarfree ketogenic friendly coco polo hazelnut chocolate bar and a bowl of berries. I haven't had kombucha in a very long time. I also had kombucha too. This meal was amazing but I don't want to eat like this every day. I think eating like this will work on the weekends but during the week. I think that eating just meat would work for me. Ideally, I have read that steak is the best option but steak is expensive. I do agree that after eating steak, once full there is zero desire for something else. ie something sweet. This is true for me. I'm surprised to say that I'm missing the carnivore diet. 

In honour of #worldcarnivoremonth my plan was to do a week of keto and then a week of carnivore but I have decided to do another week of carnivore. Why? I noticed that while doing the carnivore diet my skin cleared. Then when I stopped my face began to break out (cystic acne). 
Who does this affect my family? My daughter and husband love steak. However, my daughter eats carbs with her meat such as rice or potatoes. My husband refers to just have meat. This diet does work for our family.
I did my grocery shopping this week to accommodate the carnivore diet. Here is what I bought.
Shopping list (special items):
  • Tenderloin grilling steak from Metro
  • Chicken wings from Metro
  • Medium ground beef from Metro
  • Frozen wild salmon from Fresco
  • Shrimp from Fresco
  • Chicken Thighs from Metro
I post all of my meals on Instagram. You can follow me here if you like. 


Flashback video! I wanted to share with you all my thoughts about my first 30 days of trying the keto diet. I'm starting to realize that everybody's journey on keto is very different. If you have been doing keto for a while or if you are new to keto I'd love to hear from you. Check out my video here: 


Check out my before and after videos below.  How I lost 30 pounds in 90 days!


Flashback to day one, if you are considering one meal a day or omad. This is me at the start of my journey.
Please note: I took one teaspoon of black seed oil and in the morning and before going to bed. I also drank two glasses of apple cider vinegar water. I added two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to ten ounces of water. 
If you're new, Subscribe to my Youtube Channel! https://goo.gl/Yd2x8M
Feel free to join my newly created Google plus group. Let's share our videos, tips and weight loss journey. You don't make videos? That's ok. Everyone is welcome. My Google Plus Group
Follow me on Twitter at @IamLola2017
Follow me on Instagram @lolalifelessons 

Thank you for your love and support.
Lola

No comments:

Post a Comment

OMAD Intermittent fasting DAY 365! COMPLETED! WHAT'S NEXT???

Hi friends: It's 365 days of omad! I did it! I ate one meal a day for one year!!! During this year I did do some extended fasting...