Wednesday 6 December 2017

OMAD Intermittent fasting DAY 136! Grace Curry Chicken Sauce!


Hello everyone: It's day 136 of omad aka one meal a day! Many people ask me if I get hungry during my 22 hours fast. In the beginning of my journey I did, now I don't. Fasting has become apart of my daily routine. This is true, especially during the week. During the weekend when I am faced with temptation. Then yes, I do get hungry. But I feel that being around food and people eating food is the biggest temptation. I would say that if you are new to omad try to avoid temptation. Do not start your journey during special occasions or at a stressful time. I would say to do it in increments. Start slowly and work up to longer fasting times. Trust me it gets easier. 

What's for dinner today...my one and only meal? I made curry chicken. I haven't had this delicious dish in a while. Usually, I make curry from scratch but today I took the lazy route. I used Grace Caribbean Curry Sauce and I'm glad I did. I always add my own ingredients to these mixes. I added onions, salt, and paprika. I used the entire bottle of curry sauce. 

I seasoned my meat and placed it in a Ziploc bag. I then put it in the fridge overnight. I find that doing it this way gives the meat time to really marinate. I heated my frying pan. Then browned my chicken. Once my 6 pounds of chicken was browned. I added about a half a cup of water to the saucepan. Covered it. Then I cooked the meat for about an hour on a very low heat. This dish turned out very nice. Both my husband and daughter insisted on taking leftovers to work and school the next day. I loved the sauce and will definitely buy it again.  I bought it at Fresco for 3.99 I would say that this is a keto approved sauce at only 3 net carbs per 1/4 cup. I think this was a nice keto meal too. 

My side dishes were coleslaw, avocado, and cauliflower rice. 
Dessert: coco polo hazelnut milk chocolate bar, coffee with cream and molasses
I wanted to share with you all my thoughts about my first 30 days of trying the keto diet. I'm starting to realize that everybody's journey on keto is very different. If you have been doing keto for a while or if you are new to keto I'd love to hear from you. Check out my video here: 


Check out my before and after videos below.  How I lost 30 pounds in 90 days!

Flashback to day one, if you are considering one meal a day or omad. This is me at the start of my journey.


Please note: I took one teaspoon of black seed oil and in the morning and before going to bed. I also drank two glasses of apple cider vinegar water. I added two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to ten ounces of water. 
If you're new, Subscribe to my Youtube Channel! https://goo.gl/Yd2x8M
Feel free to join my newly created Google plus group. Let's share our videos, tips and weight loss journey. You don't make videos? That's ok. Everyone is welcome. My Google Plus Group
Follow me on Twitter at @IamLola2017
Follow me on Instagram @lolalifelessons 

Thank you for your love and support.
Lola 

No comments:

Post a Comment

OMAD Intermittent fasting DAY 365! COMPLETED! WHAT'S NEXT???

Hi friends: It's 365 days of omad! I did it! I ate one meal a day for one year!!! During this year I did do some extended fasting...